Head of Department: Mr Matthew Hulme
Our Physical Education curriculum is designed to inspire students to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. It provides opportunities for our students to become more physically competent in ways which supports their health, fitness and wellbeing. Our curriculum offers all students the chance to compete in sport and other activities which build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect. Students should understand what makes a performance effective and how to apply these principles to their own and others’ work. They should develop the confidence and interest to get involved in exercise, sports and activities out of school and in later life, and understand and apply the long-term health benefits of physical activity.
Across the study students will aim to:
- promote enjoyment and a sense of achievement at every level
- develop the aesthetic and creative nature of each student
- build the confidence of students to enable them to become decision makers
- develop the appreciation of the concepts of fair play, honest competition, and good character
- develop social awareness and values through interaction with others
- take ownership of their own progression and be proactive in the development of others
- promote an understanding of healthy lifestyles
- encourage students to extend participation through extra-curricular activities
- promote an awareness of safe practice.
The department has the use of a traditional gymnasium on the main school site.
The department has extensive sports facilities at the School Field Site, including:
- Rugby, football and cricket pitches
- A large sports hall
- Indoor cricket nets
- Indoor sports and outdoor sports changing rooms
- A cricket pavilion
There is an extensive extracurricular offer: www.kings.lincs.sch.uk/extrasport